Go to Qualcomm.com
1. The Committee shall consist of three or more directors, a majority of whom shall meet the independence requirements contained in the NASDAQ listing standards, such independence to be determined by the Governance Committee of the Board (the "Governance Committee").
2. Members of the Committee, including the chairperson of the Committee, shall be appointed annually by the Board on the recommendation of the Governance Committee. Members may be replaced by the Board at any time, but shall otherwise serve until a successor has been named.
3. The Committee shall meet from time to time, as it deems necessary, but at least once per year. The Committee may include management at its meetings, but shall also hold an executive session at each meeting at which only independent directors are present.
4. The Committee shall have the authority to form and delegate responsibilities to sub committees when appropriate.
5. The Committee shall maintain written minutes of its meetings, which minutes will be filed in the corporate minute book.
Duane A. Nelles has served as a director of the Company since August 1988. Mr. Nelles has been in the personal investment business since 1987. Prior to that time, he was a partner in the international public accounting firm of Coopers & Lybrand LLP, which he joined in 1968. Mr. Nelles served as a director of American Assets Trust, Inc. since February 2011, WFS Financial Inc. from July 1995 to March 2006 and Westcorp Inc. from February 2003 to March 2006. He holds a B.A. degree in economics and mathematics from Albion College and an M.B.A. degree from the University of Michigan.
Dr. Hockfield served as a director since July 2012. Dr. Hockfield has been President Emerita of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) since July 2012 and Professor of Neuroscience at MIT since 2004. She was President of MIT from December 2004 to July 2012. Dr. Hockfield joined the faculty of Yale University in 1985 and served as Provost from 2002 to 2004 and dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences from 1998 to 2002. Dr. Hockfield was a member of the scientific staff of the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory from 1980 to 1985 and a National Institutes of Health (NIH) postdoctoral fellow at the University of California at San Francisco in 1980. Dr. Hockfield has been a director of the General Electric Company since December 2006. She has been a trustee of the Carnegie Corporation of New York since September 2006. Dr. Hockfield holds honorary degrees from several U.S. and international universities and is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Dr. Hockfield holds a B.A. degree in biology from the University of Rochester and a Ph.D. degree in Anatomy from the Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Francisco Ros has served as a director of the Company since December 2010 Dr. Ros is President of First International Partners, S.L., a business consulting firm he founded in 2002. He was Secretary of State (vice minister) of the Government of Spain from May 2004 to July 2010. He served as a senior director of business development of Qualcomm from July 2003 to April 2004. From January 2000 to June 2002, he was Chairman and CEO of Alua Broadband Optical Access, a company he co-founded. From May 1996 to October 1998, Dr. Ros served as President and CEO of Unisource (a joint venture among KPN, Telia, Swisscom and Telefónica). From April 1983 to November 1996, Dr. Ros headed several business areas within the Telefónica Group and became Managing Director of the holding company and member of its Executive Management Board. In 2011, he was the recipient of the Great Cross of the Order of Civil Merit and the Great Plate of Telecommunications and the Information Society, both granted by the Government of Spain. Dr. Ros was a director of Proteccion On-Line S.L. from October 2012 to June 2013. Dr. Ros holds an engineer and Ph.D. degrees in telecommunications from the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, an M.S. degree in electrical engineering and a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and an advanced management degree from the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de la Empresa (IESE, Business School) in Madrid.